Do you feel your WordPress is slow? What happen if your WordPress get more than 10,000 visitors a day? Some hosting providers ban your site for using too many resources. Upgrading hardware such as memory and CPU is good but it is not necessary to purchase expensive hosting plans, when you can improve you WordPress performance with simple ways. learn how to make your WordPress faster by applying simple tips.
- Modify post AutoSave Interval ( add this to wp-config.php)
define(‘AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL’, 160 ); // seconds
- Disable Post Revisions or Specify the Number of Post Revisions( add this to wp-config.php)
Example: define(‘WP_POST_REVISIONS’, false );
Example: define(‘WP_POST_REVISIONS’, 3);
- Increasing memory allocated to PHP ( add this to wp-config.php read more way here)
Example: define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’96M’);
- Empty Trash ( add this to wp-config.php wp29+ You will love this) the number of days before WordPress permanently deletes posts, pages, attachments, and comments, from the trash bin.
define(‘EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS’, 0 ); // zero days
define(‘EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS’, 5 ); // 5 days
- Automatic Database Optimizing (wp2.9 add this to wp-config.php)
- Enable the WordPress Object Cache ( add this to wp-config.php)
- Disable unnecessary WordPress plugins
This really works. problem is not from your slow server or WordPress fault!. Most plugin need DNS query to get some info from external sites. DNS respond are normally slow. and so many DNS requests at same time from different unwanted plugin really makes your wordpress seem very slow!
Advanced ways to make your WordPress faster is coming soon. be a member today and read it first.